Sunday, September 2, 2007

WOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!

Well, it's official, we've joined a cult. The pig sooie cult- and we like it. Cameron and I went to our first Razorback football game yesterday. He was in hog heaven all day! Here Cameron is in front of Razorback stadium before we got in line to enter the stadium- three hours early... There was already a pretty long line before we got there but still got really good seats. We were twenty rows up on the 20 yard line. Before kickoff the cheerleaders rode around the stadium on a trailer that had an Arkansas Razorback Pig in it.
Then, the marching band performed the fight song and formed a giant "A" for the football team. The whole stadium "called the hogs" this is something you have to see for yourself- you'll understand the earlier cult reference better...
The game itself was crazy. We were in the student section so we stood pretty much the whole game- well Cam stood I had to take some breaks. I think that you should have to take a class on Arkansas football before you even go to a game. In the class you would have to learn all the chants and cheers that everyone else magically knows and at what times these cheers are used. We were lost at first but Cam caught on really quick and he was chanting with the best of them. I may need a remedial course- being 38 weeks and extremely hot didn't help my learning curve. Here we are in our game day outfits- Arkansas shirts and hats.

It was a really fun day for us. The hogs beat the Troy Trojans 46-26. We got to see Darren McFadden run and throw for a touchdown. On top of all of this I didn't go into labor so we did okay. Cam says that he has an extra ticket after I have the baby since I won't be going if any one wants to come visit!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Nothing like Razorback football. Unless it is Boise State football. But then, Arkansas had to steal Houston Nutt from Boise State. :-)

Unknown said...

By the way, This is Dan Stratton. :-)

Ashley said...

Hey!! Sounds like you guys had so much fun! Totally jealous! Hopefully we can get into some cool college football games. Roger had the opportunity to go to the BYU game Saturday where they kicked butt but passed it up and just stayed at a friends in Provo and watched it. Cute pictures!! Heather I can't wait for you to have that baby!!

Luke and Niki said...

Hey Guys! We saw your blog on the sharps and thought we would say hola! You both look so happy. Let the people back in BV know about the babe when she comes!

us... said...

Heather this is Brynne Louder! I just clicked from Cam and JOsie over to NAte and Alyson and saw your name and i was not sure if you had delivered lil peach yet:) You look great and I hope everything goes well for you. We are at abclouder.blogspot.com check out Baby Caden he is so big! hope to keep in touch

Cam and Josie said...

Heather! I was thinking of you the other day! I bought some Lisa Bearnson stuff off QVC, and it reminded me of you! Ha! (I know I'm such a dork!) Anyway, it looks like things are going great for you two! Good luck with the next few weeks!!! Stay in touch!

Uncle Rick said...

Cam,
You need to come to Texas and see some real football. I'll treat you to a high school game the atmospheere sounds about the same.

Just kiddin', but I do have to tell you that the 5A Varsity Girls cross country meets are the most exciting spectacle of sport going, but then again I may be a bit biased.

Heather, I don't know what things you did in your youth to have to endure this, but hopefully it was really worth it.

Good Luck with the birth, and if I have to find out about it from Grandma Hopkin both of you will be in serious trouble.

The Singletons said...

HEY!!!! HOW ARE YOU!?!?!? We need to catch up ASAP! call me! 571-215-3366!