Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Overload







Aleksa loved Halloween this year! Watching how magical it was for her made it that much better for us. She decided to be a witch this year after seeing her first choice (a clown) in real life. I decided to make her costume this year partly because my mom made ours when we were little and partly because there just aren't very many cute witch costumes out there. I was almost done with her costume when Cam insisted that every witch needs a cape- and Aleksa agreed so I let her pick out her own fabric for her cape- no joke and it turned to be the perfect finishing touch.







She practiced saying "Happy Halloween", "Trick or Treat" and the ever important "I'll get you my pretty...". However, did she ever say Trick or Treat to anyone while trick or treating no- but she did yell "I get you pretty" at random people while "riding" on her broom trick or treating. She also told one person who commented on her cute trick or treat bag "my mom make it for me" seriously- don't get me wrong it totally made my night but she wouldn't say trick or treat or thank you to the lady just that I made her bag. She loved getting all the candy and she did get a lot- between the ward trunk or treat, the downtown trick or treat the night before Halloween and the trick or treating on Halloween.

If you asked her what her favorite part was it was the train that we rode on Halloween. We took her to the Promenade (an outdoor mall) to trick or treat and they had a little train you would ride as soon as she saw it that was all she wanted to do. I'll let the pictures say the rest.

2 comments:

Aria said...

Heather, I love the pictures! Aleksa looks so cute in her Halloween costume --I am so impressed with your skills! Great job!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Heather,
You are SO freakin' talented! That costume is to die for! Just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!