Saturday, January 7, 2012

Aleksa at Four

I found an old jump drive as we were unpacking a box today- yeah I know we moved 6 months ago. I loaded the jump drive and found all of the picture from when Aleksa was born. She has grown so much in the past four years.Here is a glimpse of my girl today:


-She is still skinny skinny- she's tall enough to wear a size 4- if she could only hold them up.

-She LOVES school- she goes all day everyday and she still can't get enough! She plays school when she gets home until she goes to sleep.

-She is becoming such a great reader. She has been reading since last year but is really starting to take off- when she focuses. At school they can pass off books- and she is devastated when she doesn't get a turn to read on some days.

- She is over the moon excited to be a big sister. She has named the baby "Baby Jackson"- no that is not his name but it sure is cute. I hope she is still excited to be a big sister when he actually comes.


-Aleksa is a great secret keeper. We told her on her birthday that she was going to be a big sister. We also told her it was a secret- fully aware that she would probably tell everyone that day. She never told a soul until we finally convinced her it was okay. She announced the big news at school by wearing a Big SIS shirt- when I was 16 weeks.

-Aleksa LOVES McDonald's- we tolerate it occasionally- enough said.

-Aleksa's main ambition in life (besides riding her bike on the road) is to become a Jazz Dancer- that's right- I said Jazz Dancer. She has the music in her- if a song comes on she can not sit still- she is up and dancing. She loves going to UVU and Jazz Basketball games so she can watch the dancers. Needless to say she has picked up some moves I would rather she not have... EVER.

-She loves doing "make-up" and her own hair. Everyday I pick her up from her class and she has redone her hair. I've given up sending her with cute hair- she gets a ponytail with a bow- which lasts all of an hour maybe.

We love this crazy girl- everyday she amazes us with the crazy things she says and does. She is such a joy in our house. During the first four months of this pregnancy when I was so sick- Aleksa took care of me- how sad- my four year old took care of me- and she did it with a smile, hug and lots of kisses. Thanks my big girl- I know you will be the best big sister ever.



No comments: