Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011

It's one of those posts- the it's been a long time since we posted post. Rather than try to catch you up on everything that has happened since last October I'll just try and keep current with what is happening now. We spent Christmas Eve with my mom and dad. My mom was so cute and had sugar cookies already to go for Aleksa. Aleksa had a great time decorating her cookies for Santa.Shelley, Tori and Eric had, in the mean time, built this massive gingerbread house. We spent the rest of the afternoon covering it with graham crackers, frosting and candy. By the time we were done our bellies hurt from all the candy and I think none of us want to see a gingerbread house until next year.After dinner we had our annual nerf gun fight. Aleksa and Tori were team captains- Let's put it this way Aleksa did not pick Cam or I to be on her team- guess we're not cool enough. I spent most of the time hiding behind the couch reloading everyone else's guns. I don't move as fast as I did before I was pregnant and I am a much bigger target this year than I was last year. Aleksa had a great time though, shouting "clock my gun grandpa!!!" Christmas Eve- Aleksa made sure we all went to bed early so Santa could come- shouting
"Santa is coming- everyone to your places!" I don't have pictures of her running in- but she didn't actually run in she got really nervous and made Cam come with her. She had a great time openning presents and was worn out by the end.


After that, we headed to Cam's mom and dad's house. We spent a lot of time talking and spending time together. Here are Aleksa and Cade playing Chutes and Ladders together. She is going to miss him so much when he leaves on Wednesday! Aleksa had a great time as usual with Cache and Lindsey- they gave her razorback jammies that she loves!

Christmas was wonderful- thanks to both parents for the wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Joy said...

so cute! i'm glad you guys had a great christmas! happy holidays!!