Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer in Review

Well we are finally back home- it still feels weird. I have a ton of pictures to post from all of our activities since Daddy came home from Russia. We went to the Zoo, did a baby contest, went to a Parade, to the lake, read Breaking Dawn in a marathon, and back to Arkansas! Before we left on vacation our vacuum broke and we had to buy a new one when we got home. After a boring day of vacuum shopping we are now the proud owners of a used Oreck- can I say that I now have three loves in my life, Cam, Aleksandra and my oreck. It is featherlight and cleans like a dream- I probably have vacuumed our house three times a day everyday since we bought it despite being sick. I have been sick for awhile now, but finally seem to be on the mend- thank goodness- laying on the couch all day sounds way more fun than it actually was! Needless to say we have hand sanitizer everywhere you look, fully stocked hand soap and everything in our house has been clean, swept, mopped, sterilized and repeated. So no worries, thanks family for your love and prayers.

We met my best friend from high school Keira and her husband Jason- it was so fun to catch up and also talk about old times.

Best Friends.
Aleksa is "too cool" at the parade with daddy.


Aunt Tori helped Aleksa run and get candy.


Aleksa at the Zoo, looking at the brown bears... brown bear brown bear what do you see?
It was so hot at the Zoo.
Brook was nice enough to share her ice cream with Aleksa.

Aleksa wanted to try and measure up too. She stood there for a really long time so that we could get a lot of pictures.



Aleksa wanted to see the animals so bad that she was leaning out of her stroller and looking under the fence.
I love her expression in this picture.
Cam was excited that it said welcome in Russian at the Zoo.
Petting the alligator skull.



Aleksa modelled this diaper in the baby contest- she didn't win- but she was nice enough to give us an encore that night.
Brook, Lindsey and I went to a Breaking Dawn party we even made t-shirts. Brook's shirt said who needs heaven when you can have Edward. Mine said I'm betting on Alice.











3 comments:

Aly said...

Looks like a fun summer! Aleksa is getting so dang big and cute! I love the shirts.

Anonymous said...

heath LOVE the pictures!! can't wait to see you SOON!!! love you! give aleksa a kiss from her favorite aunt and uncle! we love you guys!

brooke said...

hey got cute paper thanks for the advice :). the wedding pics are so cute. love ya mean it.