Monday, August 25, 2008

Our Day....

Today was the first day of school for Cameron. He is officially a 2L (second year law student) now. I made him take a picture this morning- of course Peachie wanted to be in the picture too- oh how much has changed since last year. Then Aleksa and I spent the day organizing mom and dad's closet, cleaning the house and painting a stool/night stand for our bedroom. For our family home evening treat tonight we had zucchini cupcakes with caramel frosting- they were divine. Here is the link if any of you have more zucchini than you know what to do with-- http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Zucchini-Cupcakes.

Aleksa was so tired after eating her lunch that she just fell asleep in her high chair. Poor little thing- she has been sick and teething these past couple of days- it's been rough on her and mom and dad.

Here are some pictures of the stool that I painted today- it turned out pretty good I think. The pictures do not show the red right. I have another stool just like this that I will paint to match and use as bed side tables for Cam and I.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

heath! LOVE IT! love this post! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS IN LESS THAN A MONTH! woot woot! the picture of aleksa is ADORABLE! and congrats cam on your first day of school! and the side tables are adorable! love you guys!

Aly said...

Cute cute. That is so sweet that she fell asleep in there! She must have been exhausted. We miss seeing you guys! We should try to get together sometime. I'm sure it will be hard with both of our hard-working husbands, though! Does Cam have to dress up for school?

Jen and Daz said...

Hey Cam and Heather,

It's Jen Jones (Scott) from Australia. Lori gave me your blog address, and told me to check out her cutest grand baby ever! :) Your daughter is darling and it looks like life is treating you all very well! We are doing great in the land of koala's and kanagroos. Feel free to check out our blog too at darranandjen.blogspot.com. Take care!

Jen

Tiana said...

The stool looks awesome! I finally started a blog...check it out!
http://therestofforever.blogspot.com/