Tuesday, February 17, 2009


Well, wish us luck this week we are finally beginning potty training. We've got big girl panties, a stool to reach the potty, little rewards and LOTS of drinks. Aleksandra had a ball picking out her prizes, she is such a girl she wanted bracelets and necklaces and of course- M&Ms- so much for no treats...We'll keep you posted on our progress...

How did everyone else potty train their kids? Any advice would be welcome.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I have only potty trained boys. They were both 3 and a half when they learned . . . so I don't really have any advice.

Good luck, girl. I look forward to future posts about your progress on this front :).

Aly said...

Good luck. That is pretty early, so don't get frustrated. Some kids get it right away (hopefully yours does!) But others need a break and then get it the second time around. (That was Treyton) And I'm telling you, there is not much you can do if they just aren't ready! Remember Madison? She had MAJOR issues because she was so scared. They ended up having to go to the doctor and having medications because she became so scared to go on the toilet that she wouldn't go at all. Now that I have scared you sufficiently...GOOD LUCK!!

Tobias Family said...

wow, that is ealry, Lex was 2 when we started- she was a quick learner, get her a little potty, Lex was scared of the big potty for a while

Ashley said...

We are going to try Ethan soon. We got him underwear and I tried one evening at my mom's until he shut himself in the pantry and got scared and peed his pants...so We are working on it...but he's afraid of the potty too. My mom said to wait until two, but if Brynne got her boy to potty train at 18 months than it's possible!! I think boys are harder. Ethan watched Roger today and thought it was weird..he couldn't quite figure out the whole guy standing up thing...that might have been too much information but it was so funny!! It's good to hear that Aleksa is liking nursery...we had a play date today at the church and I found out my child is really just a bully!! Love you guys and miss you tons!!