The other night Cam was busy with one of his many activities- I don't remember which- and Aleksa and I were home and looking for something to do. She was fresh out of the tub and I remembered my mom putting my hair in roller when I was little so I thought we'd give it a whirl. Aleksa sat pretty still the whole time and I was able to put all the rollers in I wanted. We didn't wait for her hair to dry though because I knew there was no way they would still be in by morning so her hair didn't curl quite as well as I would have liked- but it was enough for Aleksandra. She LOVED the way she looked- she just sat and looked in the mirror and smiled and told herself how pretty she looked. When is the last time any of us looked in the mirror and smiled at ourselves and were completely happy with the way we looked- if you're like me its been awhile but after seeing how completely Aleksa accepted herself I am going to try harder to be happy with me just the way I am- after all Aleksa is a pretty happy little kid maybe its a secret we should try...
Saturday, March 7, 2009
I look so pretty...
The other night Cam was busy with one of his many activities- I don't remember which- and Aleksa and I were home and looking for something to do. She was fresh out of the tub and I remembered my mom putting my hair in roller when I was little so I thought we'd give it a whirl. Aleksa sat pretty still the whole time and I was able to put all the rollers in I wanted. We didn't wait for her hair to dry though because I knew there was no way they would still be in by morning so her hair didn't curl quite as well as I would have liked- but it was enough for Aleksandra. She LOVED the way she looked- she just sat and looked in the mirror and smiled and told herself how pretty she looked. When is the last time any of us looked in the mirror and smiled at ourselves and were completely happy with the way we looked- if you're like me its been awhile but after seeing how completely Aleksa accepted herself I am going to try harder to be happy with me just the way I am- after all Aleksa is a pretty happy little kid maybe its a secret we should try...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Aleksandra you are so BEAUTIFUL!!
these pictures are TOO adorable! and what a great lesson we can all learn from leksa
LOVE YOU!
So cute! I can't believe how long her hair is! That is so adorable. It is so funny how little girls are so girly!
WOW SHE IS A CUTIE!!! I love the curlers thing!! I wish Ali's hair would grow!! Aleksa's has grown so fast!! :)
Time for me to get some sponge rollers for Mollie . . .
Great advice (as usual) about being happy with who we are when we look in the mirror.
Funny story: I spent the weekend with four of my sisters. Hanna couldn't find her makeup and was frantically looking around for it. She was so desperate that she asked to borrow MY makeup. After glancing at the contents of my makeup bag, she said, incredulously, "You don't have any CONCEALER?" To which I replied, coyly, "Um--some of us don't actually NEED concealer." Ah, sisters :).
LOOK AT ALL THE HAIR!!! I can't believe how much shes' got...i'm jealous...Victoria's is finally getting a little long and I can't do a thing with it yet haha...
Post a Comment