Sunday, June 8, 2008

Baby Steps...

Well she did it, she finally did it!!! After three hours of What About Bob she has finally taken baby steps... She moved from taking one step to five or six. We missed the first time she took six because it was so unexpected. There was a CD that she really wanted and I kept holding it away from her hoping she would take a step to it. All of a sudden she just started walking toward the CD- luckily Cam and I were both watching. Once the CD lost its allure we used a Fresca. She didn't actually get any but we let her suck on the bottom of the can- which to her is just as good. I guess she just needed something that she really wanted. We were so worried that she would start taking more steps after Cam left for Russia but she decided to speed things up! She has also started to clap in the last two days- so when we would clap for her she would clap too!

2 comments:

Heather Singleton said...

WHAT!!!!! I"M SO JEALOUS! She can't walk that way yet, tries too so hopefully it'll come soon! Glad you guys are having fun with her, it's so wonderful to be a mommy isn't it! xoxo

Kemp and Whitney said...

adorable! Hope you guys are doing good :)