Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our battle of wills...




That's it- I give in Aleksa- you win- and surprisingly- I don't care. That's how I swear I feel about some things lately. Somethings are just not worth my time or effort to fight. Like the entertainment center struggle. We have an entertainment center that has a book/picture shelf on one side with a glass door. We have told Aleksa no probably a hundred times, covered the door with pillows, blockades, etc. I think all those things have just made it that much more alluring to our inquisitive little one. Well I finally gave in and she was thrilled and I was actually pretty thrilled myself. I moved the pictures from the bottom shelf and she played happily, by herself for the rest of the night. She even took toys in there after I stopped taking pictures. So I have to clean the glass more often and I lost a shelf of storage but I have one less battle. All I can say kiddo is you may have won the battle but I promise you- I will win the war. :)
Now that Aleksa has played in the bottom shelf she has moved on to the shelf above. There are two pictures on that shelf that she adores. One of Cam and his grandpa Walker and one of Cam and I on our wedding day. She loves to look at them. She will point at Cam then look at Cam and just giggle. She is gentle with them, which is more than I can say for an album that we have some wedding pictures in. She loved it too much and broke the album, which is now hers. She loves to sit and look through the ablum at all the pictures. I am excited that she seems to love pictures as much as I do- I think she will be getting her own photo album for her birthday so I can have mine back. (And yes- Cache and Lindsey- she is wearing the John Mayer fan club badge- she found that and wore it ALL morning. What can I say she has great taste.)

No comments: