Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ice Storm 2010?!


They are predicting that we will be hit with an ice storm today similar to the lovely little ice storm that hit last year (you know the one that had Arkansas declaring a state of emergency!?). I'm sure whether to believe the hype or not- all I know is I'm not going to ignore the warnings. My house is cleaned, dishes done, laundry washed. All candles are out, matches ready to go, flash lights working, batteries charging, etc. We're ready... I guess. Last year I was NOT a fan of the ice storm- Cam had a blast. This year I plan to meet him in the middle and just endure it as happily as I can. (a girl can dream right?) I do have to say I feel like we are in good shape thanks in part to last year's storm and in huge part to the church's commitment to emergency preparedness. And Aleksa's take- she's just dancing the day away- I feel bad for our neighbor Dana who has the unfortunate blessing of living below the most active 2 year old I know.This little gem makes me feel a TON better about the approaching storm. It is Cam's favorite Christmas present ever. It is what I like to call our Duracell generator- it will run a few things for hours and hours, jump your car (used that function already), has an air compressor (used that function already too) and a flash light. Plus it can be charged off the cigarette lighter in your car. You can get one here.




This makes me even happier- I am charging Aleksa's DVD player so I will have an ace in the hole during the possible power outage.

2 comments:

Joyelle said...

haha sooo know the value of the charged DVD player :) hope the storm passes u guys up!! way to be prepared, momma!!

Becca said...

I want to know what that thing is. Because I want one. I loved your post last year about the ice storm and your jiffy pop!